Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Old Motel Signs in Arizona

My teenage years where spent in the shadow of this sign. I grew up in a motel. I know that sounds strange and it was. My parents managed the Hacienda Motel on a street called the Miracle Mile in Tucson, Arizona. Recently I went to Tucson and spent some time talking pictures of some of the old motels on the strip. I share them in black and white because it feels like they are as old as they really are. I am amazed that many of these small motor courts and motels are still there and still in business. The Miracle Mile was a strange place in which to mature and an even stranger place to develop a ministry mindset. God used my parents to minister to many people and lead many to faith in Christ. A motel on the strip was a great place to meet desperate people in search of mercy and grace. Some found both in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am grateful for a very difficult place in which to grow and mature.
Ed Litton



No comments:

Post a Comment