Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stop Beating Yourself Up

Several years ago I was jogging in a neighborhood in Panama City, Florida, when I came upon this stop sign. Someone had added their own commentary. I can only imagine what they where going through at the time. Whatever the circumstances, they did many of us a favor with this added commentary. I have enjoyed this picture and its message many a time. We can all use a few commentaries on stop signs. Stop blaming everyone else! Stop the destructive behavior! Stop spending what you don't have! On and one we could go. I think the greatest Stop Sign Message would be one that Jesus said kneeling next to a woman condemned and judged. Stop sinning and stop condemning yourself. For a person who cannot escape the obvious nature of being caught and condemned in sin those are sweet Stop Sign Words indeed.

Thank You Jesus for those Good Words!
Ed Litton

No comments:

Post a Comment